Food Borne Illness

What Should I Do if I Got Sick After Eating Out?

If you are severely ill or if your symptoms persist, you should contact your physician. In most cases, medical tests must be conducted to confirm the specific cause of the food borne illness. Contact the food service establishment and advise them of your concerns.

Contact Delta County Health Department, (970) 874-2165, to file a complaint, or fill out the Restaurant Complaint Form and return it to the Environmental Health Division, 255 West 6th Street, Delta, Colorado 81416. The staff will request information detailing with what foods were eaten, when they were eaten, when the symptoms started, if others are ill with similar symptoms, and a 72-hour meal history.


Restaurant Complaint Form
Tips for handling food safely: