County Offices Reopening
Most County offices are open to the public, following current state requirements for continued social distancing and limiting the number of staff and the public in different locations. County staff would encourage everyone to wear masks to protect both the public and County staff.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE COURTHOUSE OR COUNTY OFFICES if: (1) you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (“Novel Coronavirus”) and you have not received a subsequent test confirming that you are currently virus free; (2) you have been in direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past fourteen days; (3) you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory illness symptoms.
- Adobe Buttes Landfill: Open to the public.
- Alternative Sentencing
- Adult and Juvenile Diversion, call 970-874-2084, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Useful Public Service is available to the public. Hours are 8 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed 12-1 p.m.)
- Assessor: Open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a limit of two visitors in the office at any given time. You can reach us at 970-874-2120 or by email at email@example.com.
- Board of County Commissioners
- Clerk and Recorder: Open to the public, limiting the number of customers in the office at any given time.
- County Attorney: Open to the public with limited access. The public is encouraged to contact by phone at 970-874-2090, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delta County Combined Courts: See Court’s website for up-to-date information.
- District Attorney: See the 7th Judicial District Attorney’s website for details.
- Driver’s License Office: Customers will be required to wear face masks and will be screened with a laser thermometer for fevers, and must answer a COVID-19 questionnaire. Customers who have fevers or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed into state driver license offices. Customers should not bring guests because guests will not be allowed into any driver license office while social distancing is in place. If a guest is essential such as a caregiver or translator, customers must specify that a guest is needed when making an appointment.
- Engineering: Open to the public.
- GIS: Open to the public from 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through Thursday, and Friday by appointment.
- Health Services: Open to the public with the following exception:
- WIC: Now working to serve clients by phone and/or online lessons. Please call 970-874-2185. WIC Shopping Tips During COVID-19 are available online.
- Human Resources: Open to the public.
- Human Services: The lobby at our new Delta location, 320 W. 5th Street, is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for application pick up/drop off, and for copies. After hours drop off can be made in front of the building. Applications and drop boxes are also available in front of the North Fork Annex, 196 W. Hotchkiss Ave., Hotchkiss. Documents can also be turned in via e-mail to DCEligibility@deltacounty.com. Applications can also be submitted online through coloradopeak.secure.force.com. Please call 970-874-2030 for general public assistance, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- For Adult Protection emergencies, call 970-872-1230.
- For Child Protection emergencies, call the Hotline at 1-844-264-5437 (1-844-CO-KIDS).
- North Fork Annex in Hotchkiss: Open to the public.
- Planning and Community Development: Open to the public.
- Probation: Call your probation officer, or call the main office number at 970-399-2049.
- Sheriff’s Office: There is limited to no access to the Sheriff’s Office Building and Detention. Additional info...
- Detention: Currently limiting who is allowed in jail. Everyone who enters the jail will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19. There is currently no inmate visitation. Social distancing is required between inmates, staff, and attorneys.
- Treasurer: The office will arrange appointments for transactions that cannot be mailed or left in the drop box located on the front steps of the courthouse. Appointments can be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. by calling 970-874-2135
- Tax payments can be mailed, dropped in the convenient drop box located on the front steps of the Courthouse, made through Official Payments Corporation at www.officialpayments.com, or by calling 1-888-272-9829 using jurisdiction code 1609. Per Executive Order D 2020-013 dated March 20, which has been amended and extended through April 26 with Executive Order ID 2020-031, the Delta County Treasurer’s office will accept 1st half tax payments without delinquent interest penalties until April 30, 2020. The 2nd half payment will be due June 15, 2020. Information will be updated should this executive order be extended.
- The sale of county-owned property scheduled for March 26, 2020 has been cancelled. If you need to perform any action with regards to an active foreclosure, call our office for guidance or email email@example.com.
- Colorado State University Extension: See their website for more information.