Options for Long Term Care
Scope of Programs
Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale Options for Long Term Care agency acts as the Single Entry Point to a variety of Medicaid long term care programs. These programs include the Home and Community Based Service waivers, long term care home health benefits, nursing home admissions, Home Care Allowance, Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) and Adult Foster Care if available.
P.O. Box 729
196 W. Hotchkiss Avenue
Hotchkiss, CO 81419
Ph: (970) 872-1000
Fax: (970) 872-1229
225 North Pine
Gunnison, CO 81230
Ph: (970) 641-7984
Fax: (970) 641-8346
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday
Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver
The HCBS waiver program is meant to keep individuals in the community in the least restrictive setting. This setting could be the recipient’s own home or apartment, a relative/caregiver’s dwelling, or an assisted living facility. The goal of this waiver program is to assist the individual in staying in the community as long as possible.
The Options for Long Term Care case managers work with each recipient and their family if appropriate to determine the best array of services designed to meet the client’s goal of remaining at home. We offer the recipient freedom of choice of several agencies providing services, in addition to providing those services in the home. We work closely with other community senior resources in a collaborative effort to provide transportation, senior meals, home health, brief rehabilitation stays in skilled facilities, and hospice if necessary. We strive to meet the individual needs of the client, encouraging client directed service planning.
Examples of Services
- Adult Day Care
- Assisted Living
- Electronic Monitoring (lifeline and medication dispensers)
- Personal Care and Homemaking
- Limited Non-medical Transportation
- Home Modification
- Skilled Nursing
- Referrals to counseling
- Respite Care
- Home Care Allowance
- A State funded program where a special allowance is paid to the Medicaid recipient to secure services in the home.
The above list may not be inclusive of all services available to recipients in the community; not all long term care programs offer identical services.
Waiver Programs Include
- Brain Injury
- Community Mental Health Supports
- Persons Living with Aids
- Elderly, Blind, and Disabled
- Persons with Spinal Cord Injury
- Community Options
- Children with Life Limiting Illness
- Consumer Directed Support
- In Home Supportive Services
To be eligible for any of these programs, the individual must meet income and resource limits for Medicaid as well as meet the functional level of care. To meet functional level of care, an individual must need assistance in any 2 of the Activities of Daily Living: bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, mobility, eating, supervision/behaviors and/or memory/cognition.
· Gunnison County Senior Resources.
· The Medicare.gov Website has information on long-term care, the differences between Medicare and Medicaid, and how to choose and plan for long term care.
· Colorado Single Entry Point agencies provide access to long-term care information and services.
· Medicare.gov Home Health Agency Compare for Delta County, Colorado.
· Colorado Foundation for Medical Care has information for Home Health consumers.
Colorado PEAK is an online service for Coloradoans to screen themselves and apply for medical, food, and cash assistance programs.
Back to Top