Planning and Community Development
The Delta County Land Use Code was adopted January 5, 2021. Links to the Land Use Code and interactive zoning maps are located on the Delta County Land Use Code web page. Forms have been created/updated based on these new regulations.
Pre-Application Required Before Applying
Before beginning any development review process in unincorporated Delta County, talk with Planning Staff to complete a Pre-Application Form, including subdivisions, which will help assess if a pre-application conference is required before applying (Pre-Application Form available online on the Permit Information web page).
1-Stop Permit Center
The Delta County Planning and Community Development Department serves as the 1-Stop Permit Center for all types of applications within the County. Call 970-874-2110 or email for any questions about permits or land use in Delta County.
Delta County’s mission is to provide a safe and healthy community for present and future generations by:
- Providing equitable and quality service to the public
- Treating one another with respect and dignity
- Acting with fiscal responsibility
The Department of Planning and Community Development is determined to:
- Protect our values and lifestyles
- Preserve our way of life and natural resources
- Promote our citizens and industry
- Participate in creating a place and environment where we can prosper