Utility Permits

The Utility Application is required to obtain a Utility Permit.  Submit the completed application to the Delta County Planning & Community Development Department.  Incomplete applications are not considered filed.

A Utility Permit must be obtained at least 48 hours prior to commencement of construction. If a road closure is requested, the Permit must be obtained at least seven (7) days prior to the commencement of construction.

If you have specific questions regarding Utility Permits, please contact the Road & Bridge Foreman in the appropriate District.  The Road & Bridge Foremen are as follows:

District #1 (Delta area): Mark McMillan – (970) 874-2133

District #2 (Surface Creek area):  Dan Sickles – (970) 856-6800

District #3 (North Fork area):  John Allen – (970) 872-3254

Once the application is submitted, the County will calculate the appropriate fee and provide an invoice that must be paid before a Permit is issued.  Please see the Delta County Fee Schedule (attached to the application) for all Utility Permit related fees.